If you have lost a loved one due to a fatal accident in Nashville, Tennessee, you may have many questions and concerns. How will your family make ends meet? How will you pay your medical bills? Do you have the right to make a wrongful death claim? If your loved one or family member was involved in a fatal accident in Nashville, Tennessee, you may be entitled to seek damages for your loved one’s medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and funeral expenses. Identifying responsible parties and holding them accountable can be a complex process. Furthermore, your family may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. George R. Fusner, Jr. is a fatal accident lawyer in Nashville, Tennessee who can work with you to make a wrongful death claim, if appropriate, and who can help you understand your rights. Contact us today to learn more.
What Recovery Can I Get in a Fatal Accident Lawsuit?
If you have lost a loved one in a fatal car accident, fatal truck accident, or another fatal accident due to another person or party’s negligence or neglect, you may be entitled to seek damages through a fatal accident lawsuit in Nashville, Tennessee. If you are struggling after a loved one’s death, you may wonder what damages you are entitled to receive. Here are some damages you may be able to claim after a loved one’s fatal accident:
- Medical Bills. If your loved one was in a fatal accident, he or she may have been rushed to the hospital. Ambulance rides, helicopter emergency flights, and emergency room care can be quite expensive. Even if your loved one had health insurance, you may still face high deductibles. Family members are entitled to seek damages to cover medical expenses after a fatal accident.
- Funeral Bills. Funerals can be costly. If your loved one passed away unexpectedly or at a young age, you may not have had money set aside to cover funeral costs. A fatal accident lawsuit may be able to help you recoup some of these unexpected expenses.
- Lost Wages. If your loved one was the primary breadwinner of the family, or simply provided additional support, you may be entitled to seek damages for lost wages and future lost wages. George R. Fusner, Jr. is a fatal accident lawsuit lawyer in Nashville, Tennessee who can estimate your loved one’s potential earning power and help you seek the maximum possible recovery permitted under the law to ensure the continued financial support of your family.
- Lost Benefits. The loss of a job sometimes also goes along with lost benefits. Your family may have lost health care coverage because of your loved one’s death. You may lose out on retirement benefits and your loved one will no longer be paying into Social Security. A qualified fatal accident lawsuit attorney, like George R. Fusner, Jr. in Nashville, Tennessee can help you estimate the value of your lost benefits, so that your family is covered.
- Child Care. If your deceased loved one was a stay at home parent, your fatal accident lawsuit lawyer can estimate the value of ongoing child care. Homemakers provide immense value to their families. A lawyer can help you seek damages so that you can afford childcare or other costs.
- Pain and Suffering. After the loss of a loved one, everyone suffers. The victim may have suffered immensely before dying. The family may be devastated and dealing with trauma. Children may lose parental guidance, spouses may lose comfort and care from their spouse, and family members may suffer immense grief by losing a close family member. George R. Fusner, Jr. can help you make a fatal accident claim that includes damages for your pain and suffering.
- Punitive Damages. If the negligence of another person or party was serious or if your loved one died due to violent crime, you and your family may also be entitled to seek punitive damages. These damages are designed to punish the perpetrator for their actions. If a company’s egregious negligence resulted in your loved one’s death, you may be entitled to seek punitive damages.
These are just some of the recoveries your family may be entitled to seek following a fatal accident. Every case is unique and will involve different circumstances. Determining the value of a wrongful death claim can be exceedingly complex. George R. Fusner, Jr. is a fatal accident lawsuit attorney in Nashville, Tennessee who can help you navigate the complexity of the claims process and help you seek the maximum compensation permitted under the law.
Seek Justice Today in Nashville
You have the right to seek justice if you have lost a loved one due to another person, party, or company’s negligence or neglect. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. You and your family may be suffering immensely and may be struggling through the grieving process. A compassionate and caring fatal accident claim lawyer like George R. Fusner, Jr. in Nashville, Tennessee can help you navigate the legal system so that you can seek justice on behalf of a loved one.
Family members, including spouses, children, parents, siblings, and even distant family members may be entitled to make a fatal accident claim in Nashville, Tennessee. Different parties may be responsible for your loved one’s death—from drivers in a car accident, to roadway construction companies, to government agencies that may have failed to warn road users about certain risks. If your loved one was killed in a truck accident, many parties may be responsible—from the truck driver to the company hiring the driver. In other fatal accidents, a range of parties may be responsible, from premises owners to business owners. Seeking justice on behalf of a deceased loved one can be a complex and emotionally taxing process. Fortunately, you don’t have to navigate the system by yourself. Contact George R. Fusner, Jr., a fatal accident lawyer in Nashville, Tennessee today to learn more.