NASHVILLE, TN – Six people suffered injuries after they were exposed to a carbon monoxide leak at their apartment complex Saturday.
According to News Channel 5, the carbon monoxide leak occurred at the Edgehill apartment complex on 11th Avenue South on January 8th.
The carbon monoxide leak was reportedly caused by an indoor heating unit that malfunctioned.
Officials have since replaced both the smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm within the apartment unit. Additionally, the heating vent pipe was repaired. It is unclear if the original carbon monoxide alarm malfunctioned.
All six people have since been released from the hospital.
Officials at the Edgehill apartment complex state that all the apartment units are equipped with smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
The Nashville Fire Department continues to investigate the incident.
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence, Nashville personal injury lawyer, George R. Fusner Jr., is here to help. Call (615) 251-0005 or visit his law office online today to schedule your free consultation.