SPRINGFIELD, TN – A family has been displaced after a fire caused significant damage to their home Tuesday morning.
According to Smokey Barn News, the fire broke out at a house at 17th Avenue and Ben Drive just before 12:00 PM Tuesday.
The Tennessee Department of Transportation first noticed the fire and called 911. The Springfield Fire Department then rescued the occupants and helped contain the fire to the kitchen area.
It is unclear if any of the occupants suffered injuries as a result of the fire.
Springfield Fire Chief states that the fire was most likely caused by an electrical issue in the kitchen. However, the fire still remains under investigation.
The Red Cross is assisting the family at this time.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a house fire, Nashville personal injury lawyer, George R. Fusner Jr., may be able to help. Call (615) 251-0005 or visit his law office online today to schedule your free consultation.